Handling of Personal Information Obtained via the Web Site of Penfabric Sdn. Berhad.
Penfabric Sdn. Berhad (hereinafter referred to as "Toray") respects the privacy of the penfabric.com.my (“Web Site”) users. The Web site operated by Toray upholds Malaysian laws regarding the protection of personal information. We handle personal information with discretion, and operate the Web Site on the basis of the policy stated below. This policy describes the handling of personal information on the Web Site. It does not apply to domestic affiliated companies, overseas affiliated companies, and links from the Toray homepage. We ask that you contact the companies in question concerning the policies of the affiliated companies and links.
- 1. Use of Personal Information
In principle, Toray uses the personal information of users to provide our goods, services and related information to users or to improve our goods and services. In the event that a user does not wish to receive information on our goods, services and related information, we will cease the provision of information upon request from the user. The use of the personal information of users obtained through this Web Site for purposes other than the above, which are clearly stated in advance, shall not be permitted other than for the stated purpose.
- 2. Non-disclosure to Third Parties
Toray does not disclose or provide the personal information supplied by users to any third parties, except in the circumstances stated below.
- (1) When the user has given consent.
- (2) When the disclosure of information to business contractors or business partners is required in order to achieve the objectives of the user in using the Web Site. In this event, Toray shall take all necessary steps to ensure appropriate handling of personal information by the party to which it supplies the information.
- (3) When disclosure of information to a company affiliated with Toray is required in order to respond properly to an inquiry.
- (4) When disclosure of personal information is required by law, Toray shall provide the information to the relevant government agencies only.
- 3. Alterations to Registered Information
When a user requests the alteration, confirmation, correction or deletion of the personal information registered about the user by the user, Toray shall use appropriate methods to make the alterations only after confirming that the request has been made either by the user or by a party authorised by the user.
- 4. Security
Toray shall take all reasonable and appropriate security measures for preventing illegal, outside access to personal information and the loss, destruction, alteration or leakage of personal information in order to ensure the secure management of the personal information of users. Each division that handles personal information will also appoint an information manager and make all efforts to manage information in an appropriate manner as well as establishing regulations on the security of information and ensuring that all employees are aware of the regulations.
- 5. Changes to the Policy
- 6. Sole Statement
- 7. Contact Us
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding this policy or processing of your personal information, please use the Contact Us function at the top of the page. Please include your contact information and a detailed description of your request or privacy concern.